Saturday, October 24, 2015

Book Tour and Review: Live Me by Celeste Grande





Broken…
Shattered…

How can you begin to live again when you’ve already been forced to…die?

Evangelina Ricci is trapped in a world that’s a never-ending nightmare, a constant ache in which consumes her every breath. Unable to bear the torture any longer, she does the one thing she can to take back control. 

Run.

With her best friend Jace in tow, Evangelina attempts to escape her darkened past by leaving for college and diving head first into an aggressive schedule, determined with everything she is to make a name for herself. There’s only one problem—she can’t run away from the demons she struggles with. The demons that’ll forever be there, locked inside, battering her soul. Hiding behind a flawless façade, Evangelina faces her ghosts until her world is turned upside down, invaded by…him. 

Blake Turner. Sweet, witty, flirtatious and drop-dead gorgeous, he finds Evangelina at every turn. Scared he’ll uncover the truth she keeps so well guarded, Evangelina tries her best to put on her act, deterring him like she has so many times before—only this guy’s different. He’s relentless. Utterly, absolutely and completely relentless. He sees her and he wants her and won’t stop until she’s his.

Will Evangelina succeed in pushing Blake away? Or will he break down her walls and be the person to make her realize life is worth living?











Emotionally heartbreaking...amazingly uplifting....a love story that you will experience in every pore of your soul. These are just a few of the phrases that pop into my head after reading the utterly amazing Live Me by Celeste Grande. A story about a girl looking to escape her past, a past that she has kept buried from everyone, including her family. The only person that she has revealed this startling and horrendous truth to his her best friend Jace, who is the one to ground her when it becomes too much to bear. That is until she meets the ever sweet, incredibly sexy and intelligent Blake Turner. This book was 5 ++ stars for me and I highly recommend it to everyone as a must read for 2015! And Celeste Grande how, how could you leave me hanging like that??? I desperately need to know what happens!!!!

Evangelina Ricci or Eva as she is known to her friends, put on a face to the world while she struggles through each day inside. Escaping a home and her family rather than live with the truth of the horrendous things she has had to endure is the only way she can try to put the past behind her and attempt a "normal" college life. With her friend Jace at her side, she has days where she believes that she can do it, and days where she is on the brink of completely falling apart. Attending her first college party, she meets the ever elusive Blake Turner, a guy with a smoldering stare that she cannot seem to get out of her head. 

Blake Turner is intrigued by Evangelina or Angel as he so cutely nick names her, and begins to relentlessly pursue her, despite her every attempt to head him off at the pass. Telling him and the world that she has a boyfriend, a lie that she uses as a cover to stear clear to the opposite sex, Blake knows there is more behind the facade that Eva allows the world to see. Determined to be a part of her life any way that he can, he settles for being her friend, for now.

With the past seemingly coming head on with her present, Eva is torn with how to handle the truths that she has worked so hard to keep buried. Will she be able to finally open up to Blake completely? Or will Eva's past dictate how she lives the rest of her life? And although this story ends with a cliff hanger (booooo!!) I promise that every word written is worth it, you will laugh out loud at times at the flamboyancy that is Jace, you will cry for Eva's heartache in ways you never imagined and you will yearn for her to break free of the ties that bind her to her pain.




What? Why? Holy mother of cliffs!

Wow! What an emotional story on being broken and having someone believe in you and second chances.

Evangelina is looking for a fresh start. After traumatic events of her past she has stopped really being present in her life, building walls. She goes away to college to feel safe and feel like she has control. She also brings along her bestie Jace for back up - he's the only one who know everything.

But her false sense of safety and numbness gets blown to smithereens once she meets Blake.

There is an instant connection between Blake and Eva, or Angel, as Blake refers to her. She immediately wants to fight for him, with him, as he too is just making motions to please his family.

Every time Blake and Eva seem to take a step forward, Eva lets her past bring in her self doubts. But Blake is relentless and won't allow it. He won't give up on Eva.

Will she eventually let him in?

You seriously need to go one-click this to find out.




Live Me by Celeste Grande is the first novel in the Pieces of Broken series and it was so good. Well written, the author allows you to feel all of the emotions and confusion of the main character Eva. Your heart breaks for her as well as soars, knowing that she deserves the happiness that is just within her grasp. And the hero, Blake, is the perfect person for her. He wants to be her knight in shining armor, but the question is, will she let him? Or will she push him away like she did others? Add with those two the cast of the unforgettable supporting cast, and you have a book worth reading. It is a must read and one that is hard to put down. I am already anticipating the next installment because I need to know what happens next! The cliff hanger is killing me!


I drew my knees into my chest and began to sing. In hysterics, my fingernails gouged holes in the flesh on my shins. The words barely made it past my lips as salty tears invaded my mouth. Right here, I wanted to forget the person who did this to me, who made me this way.

You were only waiting for this moment to be free.

God help me. I couldn’t do this anymore. I just wanted to end it. That would be the only way to make it better. Free myself of the agony. Living this way just wasn’t worth it anymore. I might as well finish myself off all at once instead of shutting down one cell at a time.

I ripped the portals of torment from my ears and threw them down in disgust. “Please, God. Give me a sign. Something. Anything. What am I supposed to do?” I shivered, a weeping lump of flesh.

The silence around me was deafening. The only sound was the sporadic hitch of air that came from your chest after a good bout of hysterics.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Hitch.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Hitch. Hitch.

Frantically wiping up and down my face, I dragged myself off the lounge chair. Going to the perimeter of the roof, I peered down, wondering what it would feel like to free fall to the bottom. Take hold of my fate and say fuck it. Break these chains and finally be free.

I pulled myself up and over the cold cement rail and settled my back against it. Holding on, I stared down at the tiny cars as I inched up on my tippy toes and leaned forward. Maybe I could fly like a blackbird. Dragging my bottom lip between my teeth, I creeped further, teetering on the edge. My stomach lurched, and I swallowed hard.

Pussy.

Another breath and I pushed back, unable to go through with it. That prick wasn’t worth ending my life over. He’d already taken too much of me; I couldn’t allow him that as well.

You were only waiting for this moment to be free.









Celeste Grande grew up loving words. From an early age, it was easy for her to open her heart through pen and paper and come away with something poetic. She never thought anything more than releasing her emotions would come of it though. A workaholic that can’t keep still, in her ‘real’ life, she’s a Certified Public Accountant who dreams of writing sexy books all day long. When she isn’t working, she’s reading, writing, mommying and being a wifey to the love of her life. 



Be sure to join us while we celebrate Live Me's Release on November 5th!!